1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of maple syrup (may also use agave)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup of Almond Flour
1 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
1 cup of gluten-free oats
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 tbsp. water
- Cream the coconut, honey, maple syrup, vanilla, and egg together in a blender or food processor.
- Combine the flour, oats, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl and blend with a whisk.
- Mix in wet ingredients slowly until well incorporated.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hr.
- Place strawberries and water in sauce pan and heat until strawberries are broken down (about 3-5 minutes). You may want to add some corn starch (about 1/2 – 2 tsp depending on desired thickness). Pour berries into blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
- Once flour is chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out flour on wax paper with some flour on it to avoid sticking. Using a pizza wheel, cut dough into 3 x 3 squares.
- Pour strawberry mixture on one side and fold over. Pinch the edges to keep the filling inside.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes until tops are slightly golden brown.
I found it easier to roll out 2 sheets of dough, spread the strawberries on one sheet, place the other sheet on top and then cut into squares. You may also want to keep the bars in a zip top bag to keep them soft.
*Recipe modified from Super Healthy Kids Strawberry cereal bars.